Many men today coast on ‘health auto-pilot’ until something they really care about takes a hit. And for many guys, it’s their penis. Professor of Urology Charles Walker, M.D., says : “A lot of guys know their lifestyle is harming their health, but it isn’t until it begins to affect their sex life that they start to listen.” Thankfully, YOU play a big role in how properly your sexual organs function. We are going to look at some simple tips to protect your penis, and ward off erectile dysfunction forever !
1. Check your Medicine Cabinet : Certain anti-depressants, blood pressure medications, pain relievers, and antihistamines can cause problems down under. One of the most surprising culprits is your allergy or cold medicine. Read labels for any side effects, and stick to Sudafed-free prescriptions. If you suspect that any prescription (or over the counter) meds are causing you to fall flat, talk to your doctor about possible replacements.
2. Keep your Gut in Check : Simply stated, belly fat can put your penis at risk, too. Men with a waist size of 39 inches or more, are more than twice as likely to have erectile dysfunction as those with waists below 35 inches. A high waist size indicates higher levels of harmful visceral fat, which is linked to lower testosterone and more inflammation, both of which can kill erections. Getting rid of belly fat can and will help your nether regions return to a happier state.
3. Cut Down on Smoking & Drinking : Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health, but many people don’t realize that there is also a direct relationship between cigarette smoking and erectile dysfunction. Smoking can damage the lining of your blood vessels, which in turn inhibits blood from flowing more freely into the penis. A high alcohol intake also, has a major impact on your sexual performance. Alcohol is a depressant, so you’re not only less likely to get aroused, but also are more exhausted overall.
4. Leave Your Work at the Office : Work related stress is a huge issue for sexual function. Men with demanding jobs often have a hard time leaving work at the office, which means their anxiety is in high gear most of the remaining day. Anxiety, worry, and bringing work home, can kill your desire to get physical after the sun goes down.
5. Get More Sleep & More Exercise : Getting enough sleep is always important, but it was found that sleeping 5 hours or less, tanked testosterone levels of even young and healthy guys after only a few days. Though it can vary among people, aim for at least 6 hours of sleep per night; though 7 or 8 is ideal. Getting more exercise also, is essential for better blood flow. Exercise reduces markers of inflammation in the body, which helps blood vessels function more efficiently. And what helps an erection more than anything ? Easy blood flow !
6. Stop Cradling Your Laptop : Laptops generate a tremendous amount of heat, and anything that warms the testicles too much can decrease your sperm count and testosterone levels. The cells in the testicles that produce your swimmers and hormones are heat-sensitive, which is why the scrotum is outside the body to start with. Perching your PC over your junk can affect testosterone production, messing with your ability to get an erection. So keep your nether region cool as a cucumber.
Following these easy-to-follow steps can help your penis have a long and healthy life, and keep your bedroom activities happy and action packed also !